Living abroad (living or studying) is something a lot of young Malayians dream of! Dreaming is great but once they actually live out their dreams….a lot of Malaysians don’t seem to make the most out of it! What do I mean?…well…the journey overseas is more than just about an education or work experience! it should be about life experience that will hopefully make you more independent, experienced and “worldly” (dunno if thats actually a word).
What should you do when you’re overseas?
1. Don’t cling to your Malaysian friends all the time…make new friends.
2. Get a foreign boy/girlfriend…again that’ll help with embracing the culture and language.
4. Get a job (illegally if you have to)..that’ll help in making friends etc.
5. Studying is not everything….embrace your social life without losing your roots lah.
6. Try to be financially independent (thats for you F.A.M.A people).
7. Try to step out of your comfort levels. By expereincing new situations, you’ll be able to further develop your soft-skills etc.
8. Come back! hahahaahah….make sure you come back and help bring Malaysia forward! ;)