Q: How to you get fit?
A: Most importantly, fitness is self defined. How? Lets just say that for a triathlete, gym buff and working professional, the word “fitness” has a very different meaning.
Health & fitness also is very personal. To me fitness is the ability to perform my daily activities comfortably and with ease.
To me fitness is the ability to perform my daily activities comfortably and with ease.
So here pun….my fitness expectation pun will change over time (as I age hahaha)….even throughout the year: my needs during ramadhan would obviously differ from times when I prepare for a triathlon (dulu la) or sport events.
So say you wanna increase your fitness, what to do?
Whereas latihan beban trains your muscles, fitness training is all about training your heart muscles, its ability to pump blood.
How do you “train” your heart? Through senaman cardiovascular (cardio).
- What is cardio? Any exercise that you do continuously for a certain amount of time
- Sample exercises: running, climbing, sports, jogging, dancing, aerobics etc
- For how long? At least 20 minutes….best if you pelbagaikan (diversify) masa dan cara
- Berapa kali seminggu? up to you but def not everyday….remember to rest. 2-4 kali seminngu will do it.
- Do you have to push yourself? mestila….but not sampai u pengsan….pentingkan diversiti dan mempelbagaikan your approach
- What about heart rate? useful if you have a heart rate monitor but for guidance – if you tak bole bercakap ketika bersenam….than you are training too hard!
- makan or minum? Depends on your goal, if you are strictly training in increase fitness, make sure you have simple carbs before and after your training.
- What about weight training? Generally, weight training trains your muscles dan bukan your heart, unless anda buat circuit training.
- Thats it? Yup pretty much
First of all you gotta remember that it doesn’t happen overnight la…it take time to train your heart.
First of all you gotta remember that it doesn’t happen overnight la…it take time to train your heart. Tapi do it for a lifetime…not just untuk 2-3 minggu :D