I have been fortunate enough to have met Alice Teoh, founder of Emma Lizs salons, during my recent fitness workshop a couple weeks back. Alice’s company have exclusive distribution rights to Skin Nutrition in Malaysia and wanted me to try out the products for some possible future collaborations.
About Skin Nutrition
Skin Nutrition is a revolutionary skin care brand leading the way in bio-active skin care, specializing in anti-aging, age reversal, and skin rejuvenation.
Developed in 2002 in the United States, the brand made its debut in Malaysia last June.
Its concept to skin and body wellness is treatment-based, addressing cellular inflammation internally and reversing surface-level ageing signs.
The brand is the brainchild of CEO Richard Purvis, who has a background in consumer goods, nutritional supplements and skincare products.
Featuring over 30 face, body and nutritional products, Skin Nutrition was developed by cosmetic scientist John Knowlton, who is also vice president of research and development of the company.
Skin Nutrition Products I am trying
Alice was so kind to let me choose products from their US website but she added others as well. So here’s what I got:
- Omega 3 Shake: This is a like a meal placement drink. Provides me with a balanced anytime meal. The banana-oat combination tastes great and is very filling. Been using it as an in-between or even a pre-workout drink.
- Omega 3 Anytime Snack Bar: This is a mini version of the shake. Carries less calories and protein than the shake but obviously more practical on the road. Brought a few with me whilst traveling to Johor this weekend. Again, taste is very rich, keeps my hunger in check and most importantly, it’s a healthy-high-fibre anytime snack.
- Alpha Lipic Acid: Also known as ALA, is a fatty acid found naturally inside every cell in the body. It’s needed by the body to produce the energy for our body’s normal functions. Alpha lipoic acid converts glucose into energy. ALA is also an antioxidant, a substance that neutralizes potentially harmful chemicals called free radicals.
- Body Beautiful: It combines a unique blend of ingredients that promote beautiful skin, hair, and nails, burn stored fat, help fight cellulite, curb appetite, heighten energy levels, and combat free radicals.
- DMAE: This is a supplement not many know about. I personally familiarized myself with DMAE through weight training as it plays a role in improving muscle tone, weight management and yeah, anti-aging.
- Cleansing Gel: Ok I am no expert when it comes to skin care but this would be your facial wash. This is the first step in cleansing my face.
- Toner: A clarifying toner infused with the anti-oxidant benefits to protect against free radicals, purify and soothe the skin, and ready it for the next step – moisture application.
- Revitalizing Serum: Essentially a moisturizer to give dull, tired, dry, lifeless, or stressed skin an immediate lift and boost of complexion radiance.
If you want to find out more about Skin Nutrition, check out their website.