I was just watching Americon Idol (hahaha) and saw McDonald’s latest Filet-O-Fish ad.
Why bother about the ad? …..Well its not specifically directed at McD but how companies, especially fast food marketing phrases make the average Joe think “…hey, this must be healthy..”…but is it?
…savvy fast food marketing phrases make the average Joe think “…hey, this must be healthy..”…but is it?…
McDonalds Calorie Guide
Download it here. I grabbed this from McD itself. They prepared a calorie guide for all their foods etc. Very useful to have….but useless if you don’t know how to read it and most important, make sense of it. Need guidance? Buy my book 😀
“Our Filet-O-Fish is 100% Fish”
Hmmm 100% fish…what does it mean? We all know breaded fish fillet…like fish fingers etc diperbuat dengan bread crumbs, eggs, flour etc….so sure they use 100% ikan…..hmmm but is there such a thing as 50% ikan? hahahah ikan is ikan la.
Is the Filet-O-Fish going to help kurangkan berat badan? Don’t count on it lah. Generally fast foods are loaded with calories.
What is fattening about fast foods?
Hmmm not everything but a lot lah…usually its the yummy stuff that will “kill” you 😉 Generally its the following that is definitely not going to help you lose weight:
…Did you know that 1 tablespoon of Mayo contains lebih kurang 90 calories!…
- Mayonnaise – Did you know that 1 tablespoon contains lebih kurang 90 calories! Thats a lot
- French Fries
- Daging burger – minced meat (walaupun 100% beef) is full of lemak (fat). Its the fat that makes it juicy and tasty!
- Sodas – Sugar Sugar Sugar
Do I eat at McD or other fast foods?
Of course :D…..it tastes good…..but I don’t frequent the places are religiously as some people i know ;)…..but bila I pergi to McD pun, this is what I do:
- Mayonnaise – I’ll ask for No Mayonnaise. They will do it for you….kalau tidak I’ll ask them to tukar.
- French Fries – ok lah too good to resist but I takkan order yang besar….never “Super Size”!
- Daging burger – I usually go for lean meat like grilled chicken burger atau fried chicken breast.
- Sodas – Either no drink or diet coke….this saves me some 150+ calories alone.